General Winery Worker
This position is responsible for a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks in the
cellar such as operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels,
operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine. This position is under
the general direction of the Cellarmaster, Winemaker, and Cellar
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Perform equipment set-up duties.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Wine and juice transfers, racking, blending, moving hoses and
- Chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine
- Understanding of barrel operations: filling, racking and topping
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellarmaster
Previous experience in a winery environment is preferred, but not required.
Forklift experience is preferred, but not required. Must be able to follow and
communicate verbal and written safety and work instructions in English.
This position requires good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills. Must
be able to work safely around equipment electrical outlets and procedures.
The individual selected for this position must be reliable and possess a
good work ethic. Must be flexible and able to work any shift and overtime
as needed, especially during harvest. Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Must pass a pre-employment physical exam and illegal drug screening.