Under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, the General Cellar Worker performs a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks such as sanitizing tanks and other equipment, operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Operating a punch down unit.
- Pump Overs
- Work in a team environment.
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods.
- Making chemical additions to juice & wine.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Background and Experience
The ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual and have a good work ethic. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and are able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.