Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
Under the supervision of the Cellar Master/Foreman, this position will perform routine cellar duties.
THESE DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Follow and observe safe cellar practices
- Keep a clean and organized work space
- Understanding of Barrel operations – topping, barrel fill, racking, additions
- Understanding of Stainless Cellar operations – transfers, additions, racking, blending
- Work orders – completion and balance
- Forklift Operations
- Barcode Scanner Operation
- Sanitation and equipment set-up duties
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellar Master/Foreman
Previous experience in a winery environment is required. Ability to read, write and communicate in English is required. Must be able to understand, follow and communicate verbal and written safety and work instructions. Must follow procedures and show commitment to high standards.
Basic PC and math skills required. The individual selected for this position must be reliable, possess a good work ethic, have desire to develop new skills, and work well with others in a team environment. Valid CA Driver’s License – is required. Must be flexible and willing to work within changing priorities. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed, especially during harvest. Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.