TITLE: Skilled Winery Worker
REPORTS TO: Foreman
LOCATION: Skylane Winery, CA
General Description of Duties:
Under the general direction of their foreman, the Skilled Cellar Worker performs a variety of work assignments including racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice and wine. Operates and maintains filter, harvest work and is able to direct less skilled crewmembers. Must be able to add, subtract, divide and multiply. Assignments require work of a physical nature.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Making chemical additions to juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Safe operation of a forklift to move and stack barrels in the warehouse.
- Filling, topping and racking barrels.
- Obtaining lab samples.
- Fining and filtering juice and wine.
- Operating DE Filter, Crossflow filter, Barrel Lines, lees filter.
- Assist in equipment maintenance.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the foreman.
Permanent full-time (M-F) hourly position with full benefits.
Background and Experience:
Generally requires 2 to 3 years prior, relevant cellar experience. Must have ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable and possess a good work ethic. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed, particularly during harvest season. Must be able to lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.