The General Manager is responsible for the leadership, strategy, execution, financial performance, compliance and safe daily operations of Vin Lux Fine Wine Transport. This leader designs and executes strategies and plans to meet our short and long-term operational requirements, consistent with the vision and values of the organization. He or she will instill a coaching environment, maintain a positive and supportive work environment, manage relationships with key business partners (internal & external) to meet high levels of customer service. Success in this role requires the ability to: implement industry best practices, maintain a culture of safety, drive efficiency, strong customer relations, seek continuous improvement, and demonstrate sound business acumen.
• Provide leadership to all Company personnel ensuring the Company vision and values are met.
• Ability to manage dual warehouse locations both in Northern and Southern California.
• Manage logistics, distribution costs, customer service, quality, and performance while managing risks.
• Maintain operational integrity, advance open communication to expedite issue resolution.
• Challenge the current business processes and direct managers to eliminate waste by reducing non-value-added activities. Implement a culture of continuous improvement via Lean/Six concepts and techniques
• Inspire a culture that stops to systematically resolve root cause problems, takes corrective action to get quality right the first time resulting in process improvements rather than short term fixes.
• Establish accountability in all facets of the operation, through creating, achieving, and maintaining key performance indicators, standard operating procedures and managing the business to meet these measures.
• Complete bi-annual SWOT analysis and develop action plans to improve weakness, eliminate threats, and take advantage of opportunities.
• Foster the team to be Customer Centric, with focus on doing the fundamentals well, making it easy for our customers to do business with us while growing our profitably.
• Foster and provide on-going employee training, development and career advancement.
• Represent the company locally to all government agencies ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations. Take advantage by sending personnel to continuous education to be the industry leaders in operations and regulatory compliance.
• Remain current on industry best practice, new warehouse operations and/or delivery technologies and implement as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated success in warehouse operations, logistics, sales, customer service, account management and business development
• Established track-record of reorganizing distribution/manufacturing businesses and operations through Lean/Six Sigma practices adding value optimization and efficiency
• 10+ years in Next Day Supply Chain/Operations management experience
• Demonstrated leadership in successive levels of management responsibility. This includes: a facilitative leadership style that cultivates current and future leaders and builds dynamic teams through training, mentorship and coaching.
• Strong financial acumen
• Experience with an automated factory floor environment
• Understanding of automated routing systems (e.g. Roadnet,or Mobilecast) as well as with warehouse management systems (e.g. (HighJump) and warehouse control system software
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations is essential.
• Experience with audits and inspections.
• Knowledgeable of HR practices that ensure compliance and a healthy, secure work environment.
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
• 10+ years of experience in Next Day Supply Chain operations management.
• STRONG PREFERENCE towards Lean/Six Sigma certification