The General Manager is responsible for the leadership, strategy, execution, financial performance, compliance and safe daily operations of VinLux Fine Wine Transport. This leader designs and executes strategies and plans to meet our short and long-term operational requirements, consistent with the vision and values of the organization. He or she will instill a coaching environment, maintain a positive and supportive work environment, while managing relationships with key business partners (internal & external) to meet high levels of customer service. Success in this role requires the ability to: implement industry best practices, maintain a culture of safety, drive efficiency, seek continuous improvement, and demonstrate sound business acumen.
- Provide leadership to all Company personnel ensuring the Company vision and values are met, while maintaining a safe and respectful work environment.
- Manage logistics, distribution costs, customer service, quality, and performance while managing risks.
- Maintain operational integrity, advance open communication to expedite issue resolution.
- Challenge the current business processes and direct managers to eliminate waste by reducing non-value-added activities. Implement a culture of continuous improvement via Lean/Six concepts and techniques.
- Inspire a culture that stops to systematically resolve root cause problems, takes corrective action to get quality right the first time, resulting in process improvements rather than short-term fixes.
- Establish accountability in all facets of the operation, by creating, achieving, and maintaining key performance indicators, standard operating procedures and managing the business to meet these measures.
- Develop a bi-annual SWOT analysis and develop action plans to improve weakness, eliminate threats, and take advantage of opportunities.
- Foster the team to be Customer Centric, with focus on doing the fundamentals well, making it easy for our customers to do business with us while growing profitably.
- Implant and provide on-going employee training, development and career advancement.
- Represent the company locally to all government agencies ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations. Take advantage by sending personnel to continuous education to be the industry leaders in operations and regulatory compliance.
- Remain current on industry best practice, new warehouse operations and/or delivery technologies and implement as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in sales, customer service, account management and business development.
- Established track-record of reorganizing distribution/manufacturing businesses and operations through Lean/Six Sigma practices.
- Over 10 years in Next-Day Supply Chain/Operations management experience
- Demonstrated leadership in successive levels of management responsibility. This includes: a facilitative leadership style that cultivates current and future leaders and builds dynamic teams through training and coaching.
- Experience with an automated warehouse floor environment
- Understanding of automated routing systems (e.g. Roadnet or Mobilecast) as well as with warehouse management systems (e.g. (HighJump) and warehouse control system software
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations is essential.
- Experience with responding to audit and inspection.
- Knowledgeable of HR practices that ensure compliance and a healthy, secure work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- STRONG PREFERENCE towards Lean/Six Sigma certification