Jackson Family Winery – McMinnville, OR
Our new, state of the art Jackson Family Winery is located in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, McMinnville. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay from some of the most premier vineyard sites in Oregon.
Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager or Skilled Cellar staff, the successful candidate will meet the following requirements and possess the leadership and drive to assist in supervising temporary employees during peak season. This position will perform routine cellar tasks.
- Work safely in a team environment and follow all SOP’s
- Communicate effectively within team and company
- Understand all cellar activities including wine movements, racking, blending, barrel topping, and bottling preparations
- Sanitation of facility and equipment
- Participate in red and white fermentations – punch downs, pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures.
- Operate bladder and basket presses
- Carry out additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations.
- Obtain samples and help lab staff when required.
- Operate forklift
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
- Positive can do attitude
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Previous brewery, wine cellar or production experience; minimum of 1 full harvest
- Effective communication skills in English
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel
- The ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a frequent basis
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to walk, kneel, bend, climb, and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work at heights