Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for performing various administrative tasks in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides back-up for our Kronos payroll & BIMS during harvest and as needed.
- Processing purchase order requisitions, conducts JDE inquiries on PO and invoice payment status.
- Assists Winery Administration with P Card reconciliation & processing, functions as back-up end of the month P-card processing for other departments.
- Assists with Safety Program requirements and record keeping
- Establishes and maintains well organized office systems and protocols.
- Orders general office and lunchroom supplies ensuring adequate supply inventory.
- Maintains general use spaces in the Administration building and in the seven winery break rooms well organized and supplied.
- Distributes incoming mail, receives and notifies employees of package deliveries
- Supports our recycling & composting programs including assisting with the removal of excess cardboard from the Administration building.
- Helps coordinate and execute special events including weekly harvest meals, pre-and-post harvest celebrations, and quarterly luncheons including ordering catering for events, wearables, and for other employee incentives, gifts, events that occur throughout the year.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma required; strong office support functions. Prior experience working with wineries and / or vineyards a plus. Strong math and computer skills and ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize enterprise systems and technology. Bilingual fluency (speaking, reading, writing) desirable but not required. Must be well organized, focused, professional in demeanor and communications, have high sense of urgency for timeliness, accuracy, support and follow through on tasks to successful completion. Must be responsive to inquiries and information requests.