The JFW Field Nurse works to promote healthy behaviors and safe environments, prevent illness and injury, protect against emerging health threats and deliver effective programs and services that ensure the well-being of our employee population. This contract position is based in our Santa Rosa headquarters and provide advice and direction to our remote facilities in California and Oregon.
Typical duties include:
- Making office, facility & vineyard visits in assigned areas to provide testing, health education, and location assessment.
- Act as point of contact to provide advice and direction to remote company facilities.
- Analyzing information obtained to determine areas of follow up and advisement across the company.
- Developing proactive care and wellness plans.
- Following up on treatment recommendations with JFW employees and other involved to ensure effective care and guidance to individuals and families.
- Providing group and individual teaching relating to disease prevention, health promotion, treatment maintenance and rehabilitation back to work
- Acting as JFW health consultant to community groups & greater wine industry and participates on a variety of health planning and educational committees.
- Acting as telephone advice nurse
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing, with major course work in public health nursing
License Required: (1) Valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License; and (2) Valid License as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Certificate Required: Possession of a certificate as a Public Health Nurse in the State of California.
Education: Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Nursing from NLN accredited school.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years active nursing experience.Language: Bilingual English & Spanish preferred.