Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2022, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the eighth year running.
Under general supervision, the Facilities Assistant provides daily support to Administration Services Manager and handles a wide variety of situations and confidential information in and around the Corporate Office buildings. Assists Receptionist by providing support for facilities, reception, and mailroom.
This role can be full-time or part-time.
Facilities Support (including but not limited to):
- Light building maintenance including restrooms, cubicles, outdoor areas, recycling, trash, etc.
- Weekly inventory and restocking of supplies for all copy rooms, supply rooms, First aid and breakrooms
- Daily light cleaning and weekly deep cleaning of all campus-wide coffee machines, including stocking with coffee and other supplies
- Assist with one-off moves within the corporate campus, including assisting employees with moving their personal belongings to their new spaces, cleaning workspaces, disposing of unwanted materials.
- Prepare offices/cubicles for new hires, including cleaning and stocking for new employee
- Assist with whole office moves, including preparing punch lists of employee requests: white boards, pictures, keyboard trays, VeriDesks, cork boards, book cases, etc., mass recycling projects, meeting vendors as needed
- Exterior Maintenance including servicing and maintaining roof and parking lot drains, trash pick-up, animal repellent
- Assist with department, employee, and community service projects as needed (Coat & Food Drives, Halloween Party, Blood Drive, CPR/AED Training, etc.)
- Distribution of US Mail, FedEx, UPS and inter-office mail to all corporate campus buildings
- Bring all wine deliveries into building, sort and stack in staging areas for easy retrieval
- Assist employees with loading or carrying wine as requested
- Other duties as requested
Reception Support (including but not limited to):
- Serve as back up for Receptionist including front desk and mailroom operations
- Manage switchboard and direct incoming calls to appropriate party
- Greets guests, vendors and ‘drop-ins’ and notifies appropriate parties\
- Assists with Mailroom Services:
- Distributes incoming U.S. postal mail; processes outgoing U.S. postal mail
- Manages courier interoffice service for Napa & Sonoma County
- Distributes interoffice mail
- Monitors FedEx and UPS mail and package pick up/deliveries
- Assists employees with mailroom functions and procedures
- Distribute and track visitor access badges
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to provide light maintenance and problem-solving skills in various situations
- Ability to work independently with strong time-management and reporting skills
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage vendor relations in a professional manner
- Intermediate competency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl for short periods of time
$18.84 - $21.91 - $24.98 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.