The Event Supervisor’s primary areas of focus is to support the Jackson Family Enterprises in all aspects of event services for Jackson Family Wines properties and event locations. This position will assist the Hospitality Manager in building a consumer base through outreach & network development, contract Brand-Driven based events & partnerships to help drive wine sales, bottom line sales revenue and overall JFW Brand-Driven development.
JOB DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively Coordinate Events and Lead Waitstaff teams
- Assist Hospitality Manager in achieving departmental goals and delivering upon those established goals
- Effective collaboration with internal departments (Marketing, Culinary, Garden, Scheduling, Coordinators, Waitstaff, JFW Estates’ Teams, Maintenance Dept, Leadership) and external customers & consumers
- This position involves some contract development, management & negotiation
- Host property site visits & planning meetings
- Positively represent JFW brands
- Manage feedback channels & maintain positive relations with guests, customers & consumers
- Work with internal and external customers to coordinate a requested event, which includes food and wine service, staffing, design and décor, and set-up / break-down of events.
- Meet with event requestor / site contact as needed to ensure all information about their vision for the event is delivered.
- Liaison with JFW Culinary Team to develop menus, food and wine pairings, and staffing.
- Liaison with outside caterers in the event that the JFW Culinary Team is not available.
- Work with rental companies, florists, contractors (lighting, parking, etc.) to provide the needed equipment to design the event according to the requestor’s vision.
- Partner with the Hospitality team to prioritize events, locations, & schedules prior to commitment with guest/requestor.
- Confirm appropriate number of staff needed at the event to produce effectively.
- Maintain JFW equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Work on weekends and evenings as needed.
- Support team members on their events as needed.
- 3-5 years of event management or restaurant service experience and/or college coursework in business or hospitality management is required.
- Wine, food, marketing, and sales understanding are a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Experience with POS software and Reserve Interactive, and Open Table software a plus.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills are required.
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of detail is required.
- The ability to effectively manage a busy shared event calendar.
- Must have strong communication skills, and have the ability to make quick decisions in keeping with the standards of Jackson Family Wines.
- The ability to lift and move 50 lbs. is required.