Jackson Family Wines is looking for a passionate self-starter to lead our South Coast Estate Sales Team. Successful candidates will possess strong relationship building skills, a proven track record for meeting sales goals, and experience with marketing premium wine.
The Estate Manager provides proactive management of all aspects of Tasting Room operations at our Cambria and Brewer-Clifton locations, working to develop a team that passionately promotes the brands and creates a memorable guest experience for every consumer. Establishes and effectively maintains high standards of performance in all areas, including but not limited to: customer service and experiences, meeting/exceeding sales and budget goals, management of winery hospitality events, visual presentation of the tasting room consistent with the brand image and ensuring on-going training and development of key personnel.
- Successfully manages all aspects of tasting room operations: sales plans and initiatives, customer service, inventory accuracy, cash reconciliation, shipping orders, profitability, and staff hiring, training and development, local hospitality events.
- Responsible for managing our estate teams direct selling initiatives via email, phone and text.
- Provides clear, on-going communication to the team through consistent and timely direction, establishing specific and clearly communicated performance goals.
- Develops and maintains a consistent, reliable means of monitoring tasting room performance through delivery of monthly sales and referral reports. Monitors sales trends and budget, adjusting business strategies as needed to meet target revenue and profitability goals.
- Promotes the brands and develops solid client base of top tier collectors by regularly planning and executing business development events and outreach strategies which may include travel away from the Estate.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs by performing periodic reviews and auditing customer feedback on a regular basis. Implement changes as needed to reach plan and objectives.
- Coaches and develops associates so they represent the highest level of expertise available in the wine industry with an emphasis on customer service, wine education and gracious hospitality.
- Executes hospitality events and visitor programs in a manner that is well organized, within budget and consistent with marketing direction on brand image.
- Supports trade hospitality events as needed.
- Participates with Brand Marketing in annual budget planning process to establish case volume and revenue sales targets.
- In cooperation with Brand Marketing, provide ideas and support toward the development of retail advertising and annual promotional plans.
- Works with Brand Marketing team to ensure that all staff are updated with all current wine and marketplace information including distributor information, market wine pricing and new release timing.
- Possess commanding knowledge of POS system, including ability to effectively perform opening and closing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of detail orientation.
- Proven track record in direct sales and leading and growing the business.
- Must have a deep industry network with business development experience.
- Possesses strong customer service orientation, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have strong initiative and work ethic and influence subordinates in same.
- Proven leadership skills and management skills; can effectively manage a diverse staff to exceptional performance.
- Travel as needed to support the brands on a DTC level away from the estate.
- Possesses strong computer savvy including MS Word and Excel proficiency.
- Skilled in utilizing POS software and J.D. Edwards software.
- Knowledge of merchandising wine and non wine items is required.
- Three to five years prior relevant retail, sales, tasting room management experience.
- College course work, degree and/or equivalent experience in business/retail management and hospitality preferred.
- Flexible, effective with diverse clients, professional at all times.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to routinely lift and move 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.