Matanzas Creek Winery is looking for a full-time, dynamic sales professional to represent the winery both in person and direct. The Estate Host welcomes guests and passionately introduce them to Matanzas Creek and its wines, educating and enticing them to join our Wine Club and purchase wine. Acting as wine country concierges, they impart the wine country lifestyle to guest while on property. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade The Estate Host is part of the Direct to Consumer sales team and is responsible for and motivated by sale and club recruitment goals. This position will be responsible for developing new clientele at the winery and maintaining these relationships in person on property, via phone, and email outreach. Workflow is 60% tasting room floor sales and 40% direct sales via phone and email.
- Introduces guest to Matanzas Creek Winery and its wines. Compellingly educate guest on the history, winemaking style, and prestige Matanzas Creek’s wines leading to wine sales and Wine Club Recruitment.
- Prepare and maintain the Tasting Room and it’s supplies to ensure that every visitor has an amazing wine country experience.
- Is passionate about wines, and continually strives to learn more about Matanzas Creek Winery’s wines and the world of wine.
- Accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
- Accurately processes all wine sales and Wine Club recruitment, as well as actively engage in post-purchase customer interaction to ensure a complete customer experience.
- Acquires and communicates to an active list of customers for direct selling through phone and email, including soft selling opportunities.
- Represent Matanzas Creek Winery at special tasting experiences both on and offsite, including those in evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 plus years’ related experience preferred in sales, customer service or hospitality, knowledge of luxury products
- Being a team player is a must have skill set.
- Knowledge of wines and wine production required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Competency at Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and some evenings when needed.