The Estate Greeter is responsible for providing the tone for our guest experience. This individual will do this by developing relationships that promote the sale of wine and increased brand loyalty. This role delivers outstanding customer service while achieving company sales goals, communicating the Kendall-Jackson story and family history effectively to visitors at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate and Gardens. The Estate Greeter is responsible for maintaining a clean and organized host stand. This position also assists with winery events and conducts tours as requested on-site.
- Provide primary greeting and education of visitors immediately upon entry to the tasting room. Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional, and gracious manner with all guests. Serves samples of our wines to individual guests and groups.
- Ensure that each guest is of legal age to consume alcohol by checking guest identification.
- Set the tone of the guest visit by knowing, and listing opportunities on property from Garden tours, to tastings, patio offerings, and our wine and food options.
- Will work with management to ensure proper OpenTable reservations and turn times are adhered to and work to ensure open communication to guests.
- Promote the sale of our wines and other products.
- Ensure clean, well-organized, and functional environment at the host stand.
- Ensure the latest updates and or changes and additions to all experiences are communicated to guests.
- Provide visitors with information regarding wine clubs, wine club sign-ups, and any customer service questions regarding the wine club in coordination with the tasting room associates and leads.
- Assist in developing relations with all JFW brands as well as hospitality industry businesses to build visitor base.
- Accurately use the POS system and other winery software systems
- Assist in retail merchandising, including stocking and organizing.
- Assist in maintaining tasting room supplies through management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Experience in retail and/or tasting room environment
- Strong verbal communication skills required
- Experience and ease with Outlook, Microsoft Office and calendar functions
- Ability to multi task, attention to detail and consistent follow through
- Cash handling, computer, and cash register experience is highly desirable
- Attentiveness, calmness, and creativity in dealing with customers
- Ability to think and react quickly under pressure
- Capable of following directions and effectively communicate with co-workers and customers by telephone, email, and in person
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must have clear vision and hearing
- Assist with receiving and restocking of wine and/or merchandise
- Ability to communicate information in a clear, understandable speaking voice
- Ability to work in a standing or seated position for extended periods of time and the ability to walk (for long periods of time) for purpose of event coordination