Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
Plans, organizes, directs, and performs the electrical activities and work involved in new construction, special projects, and maintenance and repair of company properties, including residential, industrial, and commercial. Work Scope may be part of a larger and/or standalone project.
• Conduct basic estimating, job costing and applicable project subcontractor scheduling, as they pertain to the electrician’s work scope.
• Assist in developing and implementation of an “in-house” project tracking software for services requested of the electrician.
• Obtain quotes and cost estimates from applicable electrical subcontractors/vendors on projects; compares estimates, bids, written documentation, and provides recommendations to management.
• Perform a wide variety of electrical system maintenance, troubleshooting repairs and services, including low voltage up through 3-phase systems.
• Ability to direct and/or inform facility staff and management in scheduling and completion of projects, preventative maintenance as necessary.
• Coordinate & schedule improvements for special projects as directed by Manager / Director.
• Review and provide recommendations for improvement on projects in planning, design, preconstruction, and during construction.
• Schedule, coordinate, document and complete annual, or as directed by management, walk-throughs of industrial, commercial and residential facilities.
• Coordinate and review results of 3rd party, triennial winery facility infrared inspections. Coordinate, estimate and/or perform required repairs resulting from inspection.
• Assist in monitoring work being performed by outside contractors, as it pertains to related trades that can affect the related scope of work.
• Responsible for alerting the management of any unusual occurrence, hazardous conditions and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
• Assure all mandated electrical safety standards are used and enforced to ensure compliance with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
• Work within and monitor expense limits as established.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Certificate from a trade/vocational school in electrical training, construction or maintenance is required.
• Valid California Drivers license is required, clean DMV record.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Ability to maintain professional decorum in the office environment.
• Basic electrical tools required.
• Ability to follow direction and stay on task to project completion.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Cooperative/adaptable and able to work with different individuals, groups, and settings.
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
• Written communication skills necessary for completing forms and log entries of daily/weekly accomplishments.
• Basic computer skills necessary for communicating via email, expense reconciliation, completing basic forms; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Ability to work overtime, and/or direct after hours / emergency shift occasionally.
• 15 years of progressively responsible industrial, commercial, residential facilities maintenance / construction / electrical experience required.
• General knowledge of construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry, plus familiarity with equipment needed in performing these activities.
• Ability to read construction drawings and navigate specifications.
• Controls experience including installation, programming, and development of control systems including PLC’s.
• C-10 - Electrical license and pertinent certifications are required.
• Must be able to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
• This job requires frequent standing, use of the hands and reaching with the both the hands and arms.
• Occasional sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
• Position requires the ability to distinguish between colors, adjust focus as well as peripheral, close and distance vision.
• Ability to work with heights (working on ladders, roofs, catwalks, etc.)
• The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
• The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat
• The employee will be required to drive to and from remote work sites and be able to function autonomously.