POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Tasting Room Manager, this position has broad responsibility for a variety of administrative functions in support of the tasting room and estate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OFFICE MANAGEMENT/GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Manage department operations and procedures and monitors to enhance timely and efficient workflow, including but not limited to information systems, supplies and communications.
- Vendor management for Estate including, but not limited to, janitorial, property management, supplies, alarm and others.
- Work with Tasting Room Manager on accounting process, ensuring compliance with company guidelines and procedures; accurate and timely processing of purchase orders and invoices; maintains vendor accounts for related invoices through statement research and discrepancy resolution.
- Provide administrative support to Estate Management team and departmental initiatives.
- Schedule and prepare for multiple meetings, events, and conferences: complex, sometimes cross functional, small and large.
- Support all tasting room recruitment logistics, including job requisitions, applications, interview scheduling, coordination of offer letters, and status changes.
- Provide orientation to new hires, has full-responsibility for processing and ensuring compliance of I-9’s with government regulations; general maintenance of supervisory employee files; works with HR Direct to ensure compliance with company guidelines and procedures; demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Coordinate with payroll on all employee information (current or new hire), maintain accurate data, and work to resolve employee payroll questions within Kronos system.
- Work with the Leadership team to provide prompt response to work related injuries and ensures compliance with all company and regulatory guidelines including: preparing and filing all necessary insurance, HR, and OSHA related paperwork, acting as a liaison with local occupational clinic.
- Working with Corporate HR, handles the administration of compliance enforcement, such as time and labor regulations, compliance postings, and other labor law related matters. Ensures that local management and employee practices are aligned with regulatory requirements including work schedules, breaks, safety, conduct, paycheck distribution, etc.
- Work with DTC team to ensure inventory compliance; maintains accurate records; processes case goods and packaging inventory transfers, receipts, and removals.
- Play a key role in the SOP process and communication to DTC team members on inventory performance.
- Interface with IT related to facilities and vendor management/3rd party projects/tasks.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards within enterprise platforms, as required.
- Partner DTC Merchandising specialist to review merchandise vendor invoices and submit according to JFW policy and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Must be proficient with intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with JD Edwards a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees; ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to drive routinely, and be able to provide a valid Driver’s License and insurance.
- Wine industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules when needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, twist, bend and kneel.