DTC Operations Assistant Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The DTC Operations Assistant Manager will be responsible for a broad range of office management, support services and retail operational tasks and special projects. Working with the management team, this position also contributes to the development and implementation of DTC operational strategies, policies and best practices.
This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring DTC operational effectiveness and supporting the financial expectations of the DTC business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OFFICE MANAGEMENT/GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Work with central DTC Operations team to improve operations and procedures and monitors to enhance timely and efficient workflow, including but not limited to information systems, supplies and communications.
- Oversee the relationships with outside vendors for DTC departments including, but not limited to, janitorial, property management, supplies, alarm and others.
- Process invoices and purchase order for South Coast DTC departments.
- Provide administrative support to DTC Management team and departmental initiatives.
- Provide Management team with on-going financial reports and analysis, budget preparation and support. Review and analyze budget reports and provide modifications, as needed.
- Schedule and prepare for multiple meetings, private events, and conferences: complex, sometimes cross functional, small and large. May prepare meeting agendas, arranges for facility and catering, monitors and manages meeting budgets.
- Coordinate with Estate Manager and JFW Hospitality Team to ensure all events and trade visits are prepared for and followed up upon.
- Supports on-property Inventory, facilitating wine orders and inventory counts.
- Work with DTC team to ensure inventory compliance; maintains accurate records; processes case goods and packaging inventory transfers, receipts, and removals.
- Work as a liaison between internal teams and external vendors to order and monitor non-wine merchandise inventory.
- Coordinate all shipping of wine direct from winery, as well as troubleshooting and resolving any fulfillment issues with 3rd party logistics providers.
- Work with DTC Management team, provides prompt response to work related injuries and ensures compliance with all company and regulatory guidelines including: preparing and filing all necessary insurance, HR, and OSHA related paperwork, acting as a liaison with local occupational clinic.
- Partner with the retail team to improve the DTC inventory model and assist in developing the strategic integration of the long-term inventory plan and institutional understanding.
- Support club manager to coordinate printing of collateral with outside vendors
- Play a key role in the SOP process and communication to DTC team members on inventory performance.
- Interface with IT related to facilities and vendor management/3rd party projects/tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum two years of related office administration, or business operations experience strongly preferred
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities
- Ability to focus on strategy as well as execution and deliver on project initiatives while balancing ongoing day-to-day operational needs
- Must effectively and diplomatically interface and communicate with employees at all levels and departments in the company
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adept at learning new software platforms
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to build rapport and influence employees and management at all levels
- Track record of sound judgment and decision making
- Decisions made with thorough understanding procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve results and deadlines
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with ever changing priorities with enthusiasm