Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
This position is a member of the Real Estate Department reporting to the Hospitality Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the general care and upkeep of select Jackson Family Wines properties. In addition to general service and maintenance responsibilities, this position supports DTC / Hospitality personnel in the movement, set-up, breakdown / removal and maintenance of hospitality equipment and supplies for activities and events as needed. On occasion this position may also support the Property Maintenance Department with labor or special project tasks.
- Maintains public and private areas including gathering spaces, landscape/hardscape areas, roadways, pathways, and parking areas, keeping them clear of trash, weeds, standing water or any other nuisances/obstacles to ongoing use
- Performs general repairs to facilities and equipment as needed, including but not limited to minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical, masonry, carpentry, cleaning (including power washing), painting, or other services, as needed
- Responsible for assisting in the set-up, breakdown / removal, maintenance, cleaning and storage of support equipment and supplies for onsite activities and events, including but not limited to large special events tents, smaller canopies, artwork, draperies, tables, chairs, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of equipment storage areas
- Performs general support duties to onsite DTC / hospitality staff members, including wine stocking, movement of supplies and equipment or materials as required, supporting special landscape, hardscape or improvement projects, general labor, etc.
- Performs certain administrative responsibilities as identified and required by either the Hospitality Maintenance Manager or onsite personnel
- Ability to work occasional overtime and after hours or on-call, back-up and/or emergency shifts
- Cooperative/adaptable and able to work on various properties with different people, groups, and settings, at times under higher stress deadlines
- Willing to be flexible, multitask and cooperate and work with teams
- Responsible for alerting supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal laws and guidelines
- Ability to maintain professional decorum in an office or special event environment
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years’ experience with facility and equipment maintenance, cleaning, labor and repairs
- Event preparation, set-up and breakdown / removal experience
- Use of lite power tools, equipment and ladders
- Knowledge of MS Office helpful
- Willing to travel between properties
- Industrious and able/willing to work with limited direction
- Must have clean DMV record
- Available some weekend’s/nights for events, special project activities and emergency maintenance calls
This position requires frequent standing, use of hands and reaching with both hands and arms. Occasional sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Must be able to work overhead in roof and attic spaces.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to set up & breakdown / removal structures, tables, artwork, etc.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat