World-class wines, a commitment to stewardship, and unparalleled industry innovation. Jackson Family Wines is a family business and a family passion, and we relentlessly pursue quality in all we do. As with our winemaking and our vineyards, we seek the top talent– we are always on the lookout for those risk-taking, dedicated individuals who share our strong work ethic and our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for working with a team of Sales Representatives within assigned district. The Distrcit Manager role is expected to inspire, educate and set expectations for their distributor partners for growth and success.
- Call on all key accounts within assigned District. Accounts may include on-premise, off-premise, and hotel
- Work with Distributor personnel to achieve sales goals. Goals may include new placements, revenue, case shipment and depletions goals.
- Provide educational wine training to distributor partner and key accounts through tastings and special events
- Inspire and motivate distributor partner and employees
- Develop and continue to build relationships within the distributor
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on supporting activities to JFFW Region Manager
- Construct unique and engaging wine presentations and sales tools that embrace JFFW company standards, programs and initiatives
- Ability to make persuasive sales calls using wine knowledge, ROI, margins and pour costs
- Grow and foster professional relationships with key accounts in assigned territory
- Create, prioritize and preplan your own territory run of key JFFW accounts
- Communicate pertinent information between JFFW management, Distributor Management and Key Accounts
- Responsible for working within approved expense budget
- Ability to effectively present one-on-one or in a group setting
- Continue to develop wine knowledge, business acumen and sales skills to increase professional growth
- Display original thinking and creativity for problem solving
- Ability to work in a fasted paced environment, adapt and respond to change quickly
- Other duties as assigned by JFFW Region Manager
- Candidate must have a college degree and/or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5 years successful wine and alcoholic beverage sales experience
- Must possess a current driver’s license, maintain current auto insurance coverage, and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. case of wine
- This position requires the availability and willingness to work flexible hours and weekends, when necessary
- Candidate must be prepared to reside within territory