Exceptions Coordinator will work with other members of the distribution team to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by efficiently monitoring the delivery exceptions and reporting these as they happen to the customer.
- Facilitates the timely and proper transport of goods to customers.
- Timely and accurate input of orders.
- Schedules, follows and audits the progress of orders to meet customer requirements.
- Schedules carrier pick-ups and performs liaison duties between carriers, forwarders and the warehouse.
- Prepares and coordinates Same Day Delivery Requests, Common Courier Shipments
- Schedules appointment pick-ups.
- Informs the warehouse manager and supervisors of any delays, changes or other problems with orders or carriers.
- Proficiently uses warehouse software tools, especially those relating to the JDE Warehouse Management Systems utilized at facilities, and the required interface systems.
- Troubleshoots daily issues and communicates to customer, providing solutions to correct errors.
- Provides clerical backup as needed.
- Schedules appointment delivery required orders to chains.
- Maintains In-box inquiries and requests.
- Represents Vin Lux appropriately in relationship with owners, management, peers, employees, accounts, customers, carriers, and suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned by Transportation Manager
- Must also maintain functional and professional relationships with all managers, admin, co-workers, company truck drivers, all carriers, and all representatives and suppliers of the accounts that service this location.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: N/A
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- 2 to 3 years of experience in warehouse traffic, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to tactfully handle confidential material and information
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word, MS Excel, WMS and JDEdwards skills.