The Dispatcher/Router utilizes logistic routing software to establish the daily delivery plan for routes to ensure maximum fleet and driver efficiency and optimum customer satisfaction. Process routes through our WMS to prepare warehouse personnel for picking of orders for both Northern and Southern California.
- Daily planning of all routes using routing system considering stop and case totals as well as manpower and equipment availability.
- Produce a daily North dispatch report, recording route, miles driven, cases, delivery stops, vehicle number and driver information to provide route information to office personnel
- Produce a daily South Route Loading Worksheet report, recording route, stops, cases, route description, truck information and cross dock orders. This provides vital information for our southern delivery partner with route information on the transfer trucks.
- Assure route and equipment optimization
- Work closely with the driver supervisor, assuring balance between route and manpower to ensure timely deliveries with minimal overtime
- Prepare the Warehouse Management System for the picking process by having every item available to be picked from a designated location to ensure all items are picked
- Prints all pick labels for delivery routes and separates by route and zone
- Print will call and chain orders for next day picking
- Verify all orders have been processed, checking for orders on hold or are in available status
- Provides updated information on case and route totals for better load and personnel planning
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High School, GED, or equivalent relevant experience are required.
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Must be computer savvy and comfortable with working with various computer programs.
- Ability to work Monday – Thursday afternoon/evening schedule (4/10 schedule)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- General knowledge of logistics software required
- Professional internal and external correspondence
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing and orally
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate level for both MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to create and edit documents in both applications
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and routing systems preferred.