Summary of Position:
Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Prep food as requested. Keep the dish washing area and equipment clean and organized.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware.
- Load, run and unload dish machine.
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems to the kitchen manager immediately.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
- Bag and haul kitchen trash to dumpster.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required,
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
- Ability to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Ability to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.