Director Inventory Systems & Operations
Vice President of Logistics
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Logistics, this position will apply knowledge and experience of business requirements and systems technology to effectively support existing processes/applications while identifying, designing and deploying enhanced process and technology solutions supporting the operational requirements and strategic initiatives for the Distribution team. This position is ultimately responsible to ensure inventory accuracy for all domestic warehouses including, but not limited to, California, Oregon and bailment warehouses. The person must have a strong understanding of business practices with regards to inventory management, supply-chain, production, distribution, finance, TTB compliance and sales/marketing reporting, the ability to align business procedures with system processes. This position contributes to the overall business requirements; participates in functional requirements and solution design activities across initiative teams, IT and business stakeholders to collaboratively develop effective solutions. Additional duties may be assigned by the Vice President of Logistics.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Identifies and effectively assesses & implements improvement opportunities both from an operations and technology perspective
- Gathers, analyzes and documents business requirements to support the design and development of technology and/or process solutions
- Supports project initiation efforts by assisting in the definition of project scope, testing and development
- Leverages relevant process and technology expertise to propose appropriate solution options
- Translates business requirements into technology solutions. Clearly defines and communicates targeted functional solution with functional design. Verifies technical designs satisfy functional requirements
- Directs solution delivery activities w/departments as required
- Manages configuration and system issue troubleshooting and resolution for WMS (HighJump), integrations & JDE.
- Develops and manages reporting processes for inventory and warehousing analysis, i.e. Inventory Turns Report, Aged-Inventory Reports, Warehousing Costs Report, Order Management, Marketing and Estates library reports, Product Life Cycle Reports, Inventory Reconciliation Reports
- Creates system and end-user documentation to support new system implementation
- Performs education and training to appropriate end-user group
- Directs RF programming requirements
- Utilizes expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting system and user issues; determines root cause
- Ensures issues are timely and effectively resolved across various groups – to include users and IT
- Directs project teams and activities of a given project phase
- Supports team building and internal process improvement efforts
- Leads and assists with planning and execution of year-end physical inventory activities for all warehouse properties including California, Oregon and Bailment.
- Develops, trains and ensures adherence to inventory SOPs with local warehouse teams.
- Resolves technical /system issues that affect inventory accuracy and reports to management.
- Manages the reconciliation of inventory to any subsidiary ledgers back to JDE (Monthly)
- Manages the inventory and samples room teams at all warehouses
- Provide guidance to and collaborate with other members of the company on distribution and inventory accounting issues in compliance with most finance and production processes
- Train, mentor, and coach direct reports, as applicable, this position may or may not have direct reports
- Leading through others, hiring, performance feedback, goal and objective setting. Staff development. Managing salaries and bonuses.
- Develop job descriptions, ensure quality hiring processes to attract, develop and retain talent in an diverse, inclusive environment.
- Recognize and reward talent based on goals and objective in an equitable manner.
- Lead by example, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, use feedback to improve morale and organizational results.
ERP/JDE Other Responsibilities:
- JDE Inventory Version Management: Reports, Picks, BOLs, and other JDE produced documents for distribution
- JDE Inventory End User Training
WMS Other Responsibilities:
- WMS system management (e.g., ensure data records are intact, cycle count flows reflects warehouse layout)
- WMS End User Training
Wine Tax Preparation, Analysis and Reporting:
- Data extraction and preparation for the following tax reports:
(Utilizing Crystal Reporting, Business Objects, JDE & Excel)
- Federal Excise Tax – twice monthly
- 702 Preparation - monthly
- CA BOE reporting
JDE /WMS Report Creation, Preparation, Analysis and Distribution:
- Data extraction and preparation for the following reports:
(Utilizing Crystal Reporting, Business Objects, JDE & Excel)
- Global Business Review
- Inventory Summary & Detail
- Inventory Turns
- Inventory/Sales Demand & Supply
- Order Management
- Library Classification Reporting -monthly
- Holds Reporting-monthly
Summary of Experience:
- Relevant functional/business process experience
- Inventory Management to encompass full life cycle from receipt to cycle count to shipment
- Experience in wine compliance to include analysis; preparation and reporting of finished goods activity
- Solution design, testing and implementation experience
- Warehouse Management System – development, implementation and support – HighJump preferred
- ERP integrations w/WMS – development, implementation and support – JDEdwards preferred
- Applicable application and system configuration experience
- Production support, system maintenance, upgrades and enhancement delivery experience
- End user support
- Documentation experience
- IT Project experience as a project resource and/or lead
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong experience in supporting supply chain management – supporting warehouse and distribution facilities. System development methodologies with full-project life cycle. Ability to identify/define technology solutions. Familiarity of business process design to drive process improvement initiatives. Ability to develop and implement clear, thorough functional design specifications that drive efficiencies. Familiarity of effective testing practices and methodologies. Wine compliance with regards to finished case-goods. Ability to work effectively in self-directed manner. Ability to help collaborate and drive consensus across a diverse group. Individual must possess excellent organizational and time management skills; a professional demeanor; Crystal Reporting; advanced Microsoft Office/Excel proficiency and demonstrate mathematical expertise. Must be analytical and detail oriented and highly effective in communicating and exchanging key business information with all levels and business groups in the organization. Project management skills, ERP (JDE preferred) and WMS (HighJump preferred), and winery experience. Must demonstrate the ability to fluently speak, read and write English. The ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a team is required.