Primary responsibility is to develop and execute Direct Sales strategy for Brewer-Clifton, building relationships with member and non-member brand enthusiasts to fuel wine revenue growth, enhance retention and improve Direct Sales KPI’s. This includes phone sales, email, hosting by appointment tasting experiences, working outside events, and being a wine concierge to our customers.
- Develop and execute direct sales strategy for the brand.
- Implement and lead best practices for the direct sales organization.
- Drive the eCommerce program by providing support and insight, develop content, email list generation, and managing the calendar.
- Manage and maintain customer database including critical contact information, including but not limited to secure credit card data, allocation membership status, customer insights, buying preferences, buying history, and comments and transaction history.
- Develop opportunities to generate leads, sell wine and recruit new members to the allocation list.
- Host elevated VIP and by appointment tasting experiences for top buyers.
- Contact individuals by telephone to solicit sales of wine, related products, and events.
- Ensure legal compliance with inter-state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Ability to multitask in order to prioritize and complete daily tasks including support of winemaker projects (sample submissions, event execution, managing acclaim database, etc.)
- Respond to consumer requests, complaints and identify areas of improvement.
- Lead digital marketing strategy including maintaining website, social media, and other digital consumer touch points.
- Oversee and develop direct phone sales program contacting customers by telephone to solicit
- Partner with Senior DTC Manager to develop tactics to improve list retention and slow attrition rates.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- BA degree in Business, Marketing Management, Communication or similar field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc), eWinery or similar POS/CD software, and JDE or similar Inventory Management systems
- 5+ years total work experience in wine industry or similar field. Strong background in sales and customer service preferred
- Worldly wine knowledge and knowledge of the local area are a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse client group.
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings on occasion.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to utilize a computer, including entering data for long spans of time.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds repeatedly.