POSITION SUMMARY: The Direct Sales Associate at Hartford Family Winery is the main point of contact for the upper echelon of our wine customers. Through high touch, relationship-based selling, the Direct Sales Associate will sell our limited production wines to our wine club members and collectors over the phone, via email, through on-property experiences and occasional travel to wine events.
Hartford Family Winery’s new direct sales associate will work with an entrepreneurial spirt, thinking creatively on how to build, develop and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients. If you are passionate about wine, excited about consultative selling, and looking to work at one of the most historic wineries in the Napa Valley, we would love to hear from you.
- Present new and selected library wine to existing clients over the phone, via email or in person to generate sales while strengthening customer relationships with Hartford Family Winery.
- Work with the DTC Marketing Manager and other members of the Hartford Family Winery team to craft unique and personal selling strategies for use in sales and member retention campaigns.
- Recruit and develop new customer’s through phone, email, and in person tastings.
- Host and attend outside wine events to strengthen existing customer relationships while developing new ones.
- Host elevated VIP and by appointment tasting experiences
- Provide concierge level service to clients, maintain customer database including contact information, secure credit card data, club membership status, customer insights, buying preferences, buying history, and comments and transaction history
- Work with DTC Marketing Manager and other members of the Hartford Family Winery team to improve consumer experiences at multiple touchpoints.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures and ensure legal compliance with inter-state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- 3 plus years’ related experience in sales, customer service or hospitality, knowledge of luxury products preferred
- Demonstrated and proven success managing consumer database, email and mailing lists
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse client group.
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings on occasion.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. eWinery and JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.