Director, Demand Planning
The Demand Planner is responsible for demand analysis and forecasting for Jackson Family Wines’ portfolio of brands. The Demand Planner leverages advanced planning software to create and maintain forecasts for brands by analyzing information gathered through collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and other sources (e.g., syndicated consumer data). This person plays a critical role in the monthly S&OP process and will be an integration point into the Sales and Marketing organization.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- With minimal oversight, create a 12 to 24-month demand forecast which will enable Jackson Family Wines to more accurately predict customer demand.
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons. Utilize software to model, create and validate statistical demand forecasts based on historical depletions, market trends, seasonality, product mix, bias and other factors.
- Review historical trends and demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts. Refine the forecast model to reflect updated Sales and Marketing assumptions.
- Use and maintain Demand Solutions software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Conduct analysis to establish seasonal curves and recommend planning strategies for new products.
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Closely coordinate and communicate action plans with Supply Planning.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support decision-making by Supply Chain, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Executive Leadership.
- Help facilitate and manage demand planning discussion in S&OP meetings.
- Minimum 3 years of demand planning or forecasting experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting, forecasting methods and statistics, with an understanding of the financial and operational impacts of forecasts as well as forecast accuracy measures.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, and presentation abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to influence and effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business involved in the forecast process.
- Self-motivated with high energy for business process improvement and cross functional interaction.
- General understanding of products, categories and channels in the wine industry desired.
- Knowledge of Demand Solutions (DSX), SAP/APO, Manugistics, Oracle Demantra or other demand planning software preferred.