Join the La Crema Winery Team for Harvest 2021! We are located in the heart of the Russian River Valley of Northern California with a +40 year history of producing acclaimed Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. More recently, we added Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris to the portfolio making La Crema winery a great place to learn the fundamentals of winemaking. We pride ourselves in our hands on approach to winemaking that results in remarkable wines.
Under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, successful applicants will have the opportunity to learn the harvest process including Crush Pad Operations, Fermentation Management, Barrel Operations and Winery Sanitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Making chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine.
- Obtaining lab samples from tanks and barrels.
- Operating crush pad equipment.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
The ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math are required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual and have a good work ethic. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Candidate must successfully complete post-offer pre-employment drug/physical screening.