Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
This role is for a 6-month engagement at 30 hours per week, with the potential to move to full-time depending on performance and ongoing business needs.
This role provides data entry, analysis and presentation support for ongoing CEO Innovation Group (CIG), Sustainability, and Engineering department projects, which will help increase bandwidth to advance companywide efficiency, sustainability, and cost control initiatives and inform future capital spends.
Responsible for data entry and analysis of large data sets in support of departmental initiatives to inform efficiency measures and future capital spends as follows:
- CEO Innovation Group - Provide analytical support for ongoing CIG projects, including wine loss, water conservation & reuse, and soil health, including specific analysis for press optimization, wine evaporative loss, barrel wash water recycling, cooling tower efficiency and reuse, tank controls, Clean-in-Place systems, and wastewater treatment
- Sustainability – Provide analytical support for ongoing Sustainability departmental projects, including facility energy meter mapping and cost reduction strategies, facility water audits, annual greenhouse gas emissions inventory, zero waste program data tracking, and cost and feasibility studies related to 2030 sustainability goal setting
- Engineering – Provide analytical, data resource and support, and support for onsite trials for Engineering and develop reporting on ongoing initiatives including refrigeration, wastewater treatment, potable water treatment, energy monitoring, wine sensory carts, and wine filtration methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S) in, or in pursuit of degree related to, data science, sustainability, engineering, or equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, VBA, and Power BI, with the ability to create pivot tables, queries, macros, and formulas.
- Working knowledge of data collections, data analysis, and evaluation and general understanding of how relational databases interact with each other.
- Ability to read and understand data flow and identify trends.
- General understanding of triple bottom line sustainability principles and how they are used to drive organizational excellence.
- Experience with industrial controls and SCADA systems (Ignition and Logix) preferred.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent preferred.
- Previous wine experience preferred.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow as assigned.
- Pays high attention to detail along with exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse, non-technical audience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Travel to outlying sites in various counties, within California.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.