Under general supervision of the Customer Service & Operations Manager, this position is responsible for Customer Service and purchase order fulfillment duties for Jackson Family Fine Wines’ customers in the wholesale distribution space. Efforts are focused on providing outstanding customer service to a set of distributor purchasing representatives via e-mail and phone, while working cross-functionally with winery production, regional sales, brand marketing, and finance teams to achieve timely and efficient order fulfillment. A strong technical skill set is required. The applicant should have experience using ERP systems, reporting software, and warehouse management systems.
This position is based out of Jackson Family Wines’ Gold LEED-certified distribution center in American Canyon, CA. Our expansive 650,000 square foot temperature controlled warehouse can house up to five million cases of wine, is equipped with 28 truck docks, and 14 rail docks adjacent to our own private rail spur. The site is home to our logistics and distribution team, a cohesive unit comprised of Customer Service and Inventory Control staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Order Fulfillment and Customer Service (70%)
- Act as main point of contact for assigned group of distributors, receiving purchase orders and correspondence from purchasing teams via e-mail and EDI.
- Accurately validate and enter orders into JD Edwards, prioritizing by requested shipment date.
- Communicate cross-functionally with production, sales, marketing, finance, and legal departments to obtain item approvals and resolve sales order exceptions.
- Issue purchase order confirmations and obtain customer approval to release orders for shipment.
- Coordinate with warehouse, freight forwarders, Fed-Ex, and/or local truckers to ensure timely pickup of all orders within the expected timeframe.
- Receive, document, and route customer claims, returns, and transfers to JFW Customer Support for processing and follow up.
- Process price adjustments as directed by pricing team.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
Procedure Documentation and Departmental Training (30%)
- Maintain up to date customer contact information.
- Maintain departmental cheat sheets and reference documents.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures of the Customer Service Specialist position.
- Attend and participate in departmental training and education on an ongoing basis.
- Provide backup support to the Customer Service Team as needed for vacations and illnesses.
- Provide feedback and work with departmental management to identify potential areas of improvement.
Reqiured Skills, Experience, and Education
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree are preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and expert level data entry skills are a major requirement. Experience with MS Excel, Outlook, and ERP software, preferably JD Edwards, are ideal.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to learn and use feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to work additional hours as required to keep up with periodic heavy volumes of order fulfillment.
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure, fast-paced day-to-day situations.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to perform extensive data entry. Must be able to lift approximately 40 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with all levels of personalities within the organization. Must be a team player who is able to act independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to perform duties in a normal office work environment that consists of moderate noise such as computers, printers and phone conversations between other employees and customers.