Under general supervision of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for facilitating purchase order fulfillment for Vin Lux Fine Wine Transport. Efforts are focused on providing outstanding customer service to distributor purchasing contacts while working cross-functionally with other departments to ensure timely and efficient order fulfillment.
Order Fulfillment and Customer Service (70%)
- Act as main point of contact for assigned group of distributors, receiving purchase orders and correspondence from purchasing teams via e-mail and EDI.
- Accurately validate and enter orders into JD Edwards, prioritizing by requested shipment date.
- Communicate cross-functionally with production, sales, marketing, finance, and legal departments to resolve sales order exceptions.
- Issue order confirmations and obtain customer approval to release orders for shipment.
- Coordinate with warehouse, freight forwarders, Fed-Ex, and/or local truckers to ensure timely pickup of all orders within the expected timeframe.
- Receive, document, and route customer claims, returns, and transfers to JFW Customer Support for processing and follow up.
- Process price adjustments as directed by pricing team.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
Procedure Documentation and Departmental Training (30%)
- Maintain up to date customer contact information.
- Maintain departmental cheat sheets and reference documents.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures of the Customer Service Specialist position.
- Attend and participate in departmental training and education on an ongoing basis.
- Provide backup support to the Customer Service Team as needed for vacations and illnesses.
- Provide feedback and work with departmental management to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Advanced computer skills are required, including experience with MS Excel, Outlook, and ERP software, preferably JD Edwards
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills are required.
- A professional demeanor and passion for providing excellent customer service are required.
Education, Experience and Essential Skills
A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is preferred.
Relevant experience of two years of Customer Service are required. Preferably in the wine industry.
- Must have strong customer service and phone skills, with attention to detail.
- Must be able to set and maintain deadlines, work on multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks;
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Be able to communicate cross functionally and effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and sales representatives, both verbally and written;
- Flexible in accepting new assignments and changing direction quickly.
- Advanced knowledge of EnterpriseOne (JDEdwards) and advanced skills in MS Word and Excel are required.