Under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Assistant is responsible for auditing all PODs from daily deliveries, will-calls and distributor pickups. This position is also responsible for closing out all orders daily, effectively and with a strong attention to detail. This position manages the main phone line and directs visitors with a warm and welcoming attitude. This position also assists the customer service team on day to day workflow and research.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing as appropriate
- Answers and disseminate telephone calls
- Responsible for Proof of Delivery (POD) sorting, scanning and resolving issues
- Timely and accurately closing out orders for accurate billing and proof of delivery.
- Proficiently uses warehouse software tools, especially those relating to the JDE Warehouse Management Systems utilized at facilities, and the required interface systems.
- Troubleshoots daily issues and communicates to customers, providing solutions to correct errors.
- Maintains In-box inquiries and requests
- Represents VinLux appropriately in relationship with owners, management, peers, employees, accounts, customers, carriers, and suppliers.
- Must also maintain functional and professional relationships with all managers, admin, co-workers, company truck drivers, all carriers, and all representatives and suppliers of the accounts that service this location.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Provides clerical backup as needed and support to Customer Service Department
- Other duties and administrative tasks as assigned by Management
- Acts as a backup to south dispatch by inputting south delivery issues into High Jump.
- Assist with ship confirming and POD research.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High School, GED, or equivalent relevant experience is required.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in warehouse traffic, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to tactfully handle confidential material and information
- Must be able to work with multi phone lines
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word, MS Excel knowledge needed
- High Jump and JD Edwards skills a plus