Jackson Family Wines
Creative Director – Luxury Division (On-Site)
Are you inspired by innovative, intelligent creative designs? Do you dream big, and still sweat the small stuff? Do you like to motivate, lead and be a wrangler of creative talent and ideas, yet still like to design yourself? Do you love wine? Still with us? You might be our next Creative Director.
We are not looking for the ordinary or mundane – we are an award-winning wine company in search of a superstar Creative Director to help us solve business challenges in unexpected ways. Not only will this position help lead a team of designers, but it will also lead the overall conceptualization and development of packaging, campaigns, and overall designs from concept to completion for our luxury division.
We develop campaigns and creative content for some of the most highly acclaimed wine brands in the United States. They demand a lot. So do we. As Creative Director, you act as a ringleader, helping to interpret client needs, translating them to our Designers, and then pushing relentlessly to make the work innovative and impactful.
What you will do:
- Work with the marketing, creative, digital, and video team to understand client objectives, target audience, and creative briefs
- Develop and execute creative strategies to implement brand initiatives
- Direct a small team of designers to produce high-level creative concepts, providing feedback, signoffs, and overall direction
- Lead inspiring client creative presentations and internal reviews
- Design work at a Senior Level across multiple brands including print, packaging, advertising and digital
- Oversee the creation of creative content, from concepting to managing photo and video shoots
- Serve as a leader, setting professional standards for the team and inspiring and leading by example
- Actively train and mentor direct reports, hold regular check-ins, write/conduct performance evaluations, and provide overall career guidance and direction
- Understand overall business strategy and consumer goals, work with the Marketing Vice President to ensure creative recommendations and strategy align with company objectives and maximize effectiveness
What you will need:
- 8-10+ years of experience as a traditional creative.
- 4+ years in a creative management role with direct reports
- Compelling portfolio with a focus on luxury
- C-suite level presentation abilities
- Experience with creative direction on video and photography sets as well as with graphic animation
- Photography skills
- Strong knowledge of the overall advertising landscape, including trending campaigns, agencies, and brands
- Proven history of leadership roles within a creative department
- Openness to design work as well as art direction and leadership
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of design principles and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), bonus if familiar with other design tools such as Animate or After Effects