Jackson Family Wines (JFW) is a family-owned company based in Santa Rosa, California that includes such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Murphy-Goode, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey, Cambria, and Byron. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
As the Cost Accountant at JFW you will be a key member of the finance team reporting to the Cost Accounting Supervisor. The successful candidate will be trusted with owning the COGS reporting, forecasting and variance analysis. This will require you to apply your superior cost accounting knowledge and interpersonal skills to cross functionally business partner to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
You will become the expert in all aspects of JFW COGS, supporting all US production and winery sites stretching from Oregon to Central California. Your focus will be ensuring that the COGS evolution is clearly understood, and that variances are being reported and forecasted to allow for optimal management decision making. An ability to work independently and manage priorities in a complex environment will be key to success in this role. We are looking for a team player with a positive service attitude who takes initiative, is motivated by getting results and will stay focused and determined until success is achieved.
- Support the monthly report to the CFO and senior finance management detailing COGS and manufacturing variance drivers
- Help to build and complete COGS budget and forecast modelling, reporting and analysis
- Deliver accurate COGS and MV reporting and forecasting and analysis
- Maintain secure and reliable JDE SKU COGS ensuring that cost rolls are accurate
- Own the execution of the monthly accounting work order close with the support of the Staff Accountant
- Support projects to continuously improve all cost accounting processes
- 3+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or the equivalent in education/experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of cost accounting and standard costing
- Advanced Excel skills
- ERP system experience (JDE a bonus, and ERP implementation a bonus)
- Experience building management reporting and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience implementing process changes
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow