Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
The Consumer Insights and Reporting Analyst will capture, manage, analyze, and apply customer knowledge to help Jackson Family Wines win, support and retain customers. To succeed, this person must capture customer data from all sources and manage it across customer-facing systems and functions as well as analyze it to obtain actionable insights and apply it to the business.
A successful candidate will have proven experience in producing reporting, dashboards and visualizing insights; expertise in pattern mining and business analytics. This role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining and processing along with the creativity to invent and customize as needed.
- Responsible for business analytics work through all phases, including data quality, data analysis, data visualization, and presentation of results and deliverables
- Take ownership of both recurring/standardized reporting as well as ad hoc projects and requests
- Lead the analysis of transactional and customer data, including cross-tabulations and statistical analysis, provide insights into purchasing patterns, develop hypotheses about trends, and translate results into actionable recommendations for business partners
- Perform independent data mining and database research to identify customer opportunities
- Quantify the impact of DTC sales and marketing initiatives on customer success and future behavior
- Develop reusable analytics and assets working closely with the Data Warehouse/BI team to ensure scalability of analytical outputs
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, rapidly changing environment
- Intermediate to advanced experience with an enterprise reporting platform (Power BI preferred)
- Solid understanding and experience creating database-driven report templates and dashboards, as well as modifying existing report templates and dashboards
- Willingness to produce reports on a regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis ultimately utilized by leaders at all levels
- Desire to take proactive ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of reported data
- Desire to work with colleagues to design the most effective data visualizations in reports and dashboards that identify trends and unlock key insights
- Familiarity with databases and basic programming skills in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Understanding of statistical concepts such as significance testing, weighting, Z-Test, etc., is preferred
- Comfortable working with modern data technologies and familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles
- Ability to work effectively with data, BI developers and consumer research and insights partners to meet the data needs of the business, translating business needs into analytical requirements
- Experience engaging with the business and leadership on problem definition
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: 5-8 years of exemplary experience in a business analyst, data analyst or consumer insights/reporting analyst role. Wine industry and/or CPG experience preferred.