This position performs construction duties for Jackson Family Investment properties, based at the Redwoods location, throughout Sonoma County and occasionally outlying counties, as directed by the construction manager/foreman
- Lay out jobs, repair, assemble, install and fabricate temporary and permanent building additions
- Grading, concrete, knowledge of foundation, framing, and finish work
- Repair, assemble and install any necessary items for the property.
- Maintains integrity of facility infrastructure by repairing and/or modifying structures, doors, ceilings, floors and walls.
- Be aware of and adhere to company safety procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Advanced carpenter skills
- Some basic knowledge of State and County building codes
- Ability to operate farm equipment, e.g. tractor, forklift
- Must possess a valid California Drivers License.
- 5-7 years experience in carpentry, maintenance or related field.
- General Contractor’s license preferred
- Must have basic tools
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat