Jackson Family Wines is searching for an Estate Manager to lead the Cardinale Estate Tasting Room and its exceptional DTC team. Cardinale is a multigenerational, family-owned estate that produces a single wine with authenticity and exceptional pedigree from some of Napa Valley’s greatest mountain vineyards. The Cardinale Estate team is intertwined with the Lokoya Estate and features Christopher Carpenter’s newest label, Caladan, in each guest experience. Successful candidates will possess strong team leadership and management skills, a proven track record for meeting/exceeding sales goals, and the ability to create and execute memorable guest experiences. They should also demonstrate strong managerial skills and an ability to recruit and train top talent within the Direct-to-Consumer channel. Our team respects, celebrates, and takes pride in each other’s differences. We nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. Come join our preeminent group of passionate, trusted, and respected wine industry leaders!
- Manages all aspects of tasting room operations: sales plans, initiatives, customer service, inventory accuracy, cash reconciliation, shipping orders, profitability, staff hiring, training and development, and local hospitality events.
- Provides clearly communicated performance goals and manages estate team’s direct selling initiatives via email, phone, and text.
- Coaches and develops Estate team members to represent the highest level of expertise available in the wine industry with an emphasis on customer service, wine education, hospitality, and sales skills.
- Monitors sales trends and budgets, adjusting business strategies as needed to meet/exceed revenue targets and profitability goals.
- Promotes the winery and develops solid client base of top-tier collectors by planning and executing events and outreach strategies, which may include travel away from the Estate.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs by performing periodic reviews and regularly auditing customer feedback.
- Executes hospitality events and visitor programs in a manner that is well-organized, within budget and consistent with winery image.
- Partners with Brand Marketing Teams and all other cross-functional teams in annual budget planning process to establish case volume and revenue sales targets.
- Provides ideas and support for development of retail advertising and annual promotional plans.
- 3+ years related experience in retail, sales, or tasting room management.
- Proven track record in direct sales, leading and growing the business.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to utilize Point of Sales software and ERP software as needed.
- Knowledge of merchandising wine and non-wine items.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
$63,659.00- $79,573.50- $95,488.00 annually
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.