The busser position primarily clears and resets tables in a speedy, professional, and effective manner. The busser is also responsible for polishing and restocking glassware and silverware at service stations. This is a great entry-level position for those who wish to gain direct-to-consumer experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Tasting Room Manager, the Busser is responsible for the following:
- Clear tables after guests leave. Take glasses and tableware to kitchen and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs and tasting bar. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletops.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests, communicate guest requests to servers/manager immediately.
- Assist with pre/post shift setup/cleanup – including basic maintenance such as paint touch up, watering plants, sweeping sidewalk, etc.
- Answers phone and assists guests with reservations
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative team atmosphere
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous experience in a winery, or a restaurant-like setting preferred
- Possess a flexible schedule and able to work evenings & weekends
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (case of wine)
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Must be at least 21 years old