Copain Wines is a multi-generational, family-owned winery that produces wines with authenticity and exceptional pedigree. Copain offers ultra-premium consumer tasting experiences by appointment only. We are searching for a dynamic professional possessing the ability to work in a fast-paced environment focusing on helping hosts curate exceptional experiences and providing best-in-class customer service. Applicants must be effective self-starters, confident in their ability to assist our hosts with their appointments and work in a team-oriented environment. This position is responsible for assisting hosts with setting up and clearing tastings and allowing them to create memorable experiences for our guests. Our team respects, celebrates, and takes pride in each other’s differences, we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. Come join our preeminent group of passionate, trusted, and respected wine industry professionals!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Estate Manager and Estate Assistant Manager, the Busser is responsible for the following:
- Table setting: Preset tables for wine tasting in an efficient and timely manner. Clearing tables of items after tasting appointments and assist in thoroughly sanitizing tables and glassware for reuse.
- Glassware: Wash and polish all glassware and plates. Put away clean glassware in a timely and efficient manner.
- Food preparation: Prepare and serve cheese and other edibles for guests in accordance with California Food Handler’s guidelines. Comfortable using knives and has keen eye for detail and presentation. May also be called upon to help pour wine for guests and do so in accordance with California Responsible Beverage Service guidelines.
- Customer service: Accurately pack wines purchased by guests and assist them to their vehicle as needed. Responsive to customer requests and brings issues to the attention of management as needed. Assist with guest check in as needed. Courteously answer inbound phone calls.
- Team Player: Effectively contributes to a high-performing team in a positive manner. Consistently presents oneself in a clean, professional appearance. Reliably punctual for all assigned shifts. Assists the team with all opening and closing tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous experience in a restaurant, winery, or a restaurant-like setting preferred
- Previous customer service experience required
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be available to work weekends and occasional major holidays
- Must be age 21 or over
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ascend and descend stairs and ladders
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds (a case of wine)
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
$16.16 - $18.79 - $21.42 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.