Copain Wines is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join our Hospitality team. Copain offers an exclusive, by-appointment only wine tasting experience, renown for premium cool-climate Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Syrah.
The Busser position assists with the setting, clearing, and sanitizing of tables and glassware. The Busser also cuts, plates, and serves food for public consumption including cheese and charcuterie. The Busser also provides customer assistance with reservation scheduling, packing wine for guests to take and assisting them to their car.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Estate Manager, the Busser is responsible for the following:
- Table setting: Preset tables for wine tasting in an efficient and timely manner. Clearing tables of items after tasting appointments and assist in thoroughly sanitizing tables and glassware for reuse.
- Glassware: Wash and polish all glassware and plates. Put away clean glassware in a timely and efficient manner.
- Food preparation: Prepare and serve cheese and other edibles for guests in accordance with California Food Handler’s guidelines. Comfortable using knives and has keen eye for detail and presentation. May also be called upon to pour wine for guests and do so in accordance with California Alcohol Beverage guidelines.
- Customer service: Accurately pack wines purchased by guests and assist them to their vehicle as needed. Responsive to customer requests and brings issues to the attention of management as needed. Answering phones and assisting with reservations.
- Team Player: Effectively contributes to a high-performing team in a positive manner. Consistently presents oneself in a clean, professional appearance. Reliably punctual for all assigned shifts. Assists the team with all opening and closing tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous experience in a restaurant, winery, or a restaurant-like setting preferred
- Previous customer service experience required
- Comfortable with computers, printers, and phone
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be available to work weekends and occasional major holidays
- Must be age 21 or over
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ascend and descend stairs and ladders
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds (a case of wine)
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable and skillful with kitchen knives and food handling