Copain Wines is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join our Hospitality team. Copain offers an exclusive, by-appointment only wine tasting experience, renown for premium cool-climate Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Syrah.
The busser position primarily clears and resets tables and bars in a speedy, professional, and effective manner. This position is also responsible for supporting tasting room staff with water refills and food preparation. The Busser is also responsible for polishing and restocking glassware and silverware at service stations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Tasting Room Manager, the Busser is responsible for the following:
- Clear tables after guests leave. Take glasses and tableware to kitchen and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Conduct and present oneself that is consistent with a high-touch, luxury experience
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs and tasting bar. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletops.
- Inspect restrooms every 30 minutes and clean/restock as needed.
- Prepare and serve cheese and other edibles for guests
- Respond appropriately to guest requests, communicate guest requests to servers/manager immediately.
- Restock merchandise and collateral materials as needed
- Assist with pre/post shift setup/cleanup – including basic maintenance such as paint touch up, watering plants, sweeping sidewalk, etc.
- Answers phone and assists guests with reservations
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative team atmosphere
- Assist with packing of wine for guests and assist guests to their vehicle with their purchase
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous experience in a restaurant, winery, or a restaurant-like setting preferred
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Aged 21 years or more