The Business Process Improvement Manager will report to and assist the VP of Global Finance Operations in addressing the pain points surrounding the various financial operation cycles existing in the company and its affiliated entities. Key global financial end-to-end processes to improve are Revenue, Payables, Inventory, Chart of accounts management, and Financial Reporting involved in the Month-End close cycle.
- Identify areas of efficiency gains, scope potential solutions, and work with various partners to drive process improvement projects to completion
- Leverage existing assessments of the current state of the finance function with near-term emphasis on financial month-end close (Record-to-Report) and Revenue (Order-to- Cash) process improvement and IT systems.
- Address the delays occurring during the first 5 days of the global close which have a downstream effect on the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Create robust documentation of existing process flows, identify areas of inefficiency, and make detailed recommendations for achieving ideal work streams
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to ensure all relevant parties are satisfied with recommended outcomes
- Master the processes and business goals of all teams supported to ensure recommendations are grounded in reality
- Measure the impact of all projects within your portfolio to gauge ROI
- Ensure that we’re unifying tools and processes across teams in the company, so that we’re not building solutions in silos
- Leading projects with IT.
- BS/MS degree
- 7+ years of consulting or project management experience
- Proven ability to find efficiency gains by simplifying complex processes
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to balance high-level strategic thinking with obsessive attention to detail
- Must add value in all settings and be able to proactively manage projects to completion
- Ability to prioritize for impact across many competing priorities
- Deep knowledge of efficiency measurement techniques
- Must be able to multitask and juggle a large portfolio of diverse projects
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and bringing order to chaos
- Able to foresee implications of different courses of actions when making decisions and mitigate against any potential problems
- Comfortable pushing back on unreasonable requests and having hard conversations with key stakeholders in a productive manner
- Personal qualities reflecting the culture of an organization are critically important and should include maturity, character, presence/stature, intelligence, strategic mindedness and vision, creativity, independent thinking, integrity, common sense, initiative, energy, hands-on orientation, and an appreciation and passion for instilling continuous improvements principles across an organization.
- Demonstrates a proven thorough level of ability with the automation of performance metrics and the technologies that support automation including: BO, SharePoint and the Program Assessment Rating Tool
- Demonstrate proven thorough technical skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Visio, ERP.
- Preferred qualifications: JDEdwards, Wine Industry, CPA, and Financial acumen, Lean Six Sigma Certification