Bottling Operator Maintainer
Shift: Nights (M-Th, 4d x 10hrs)
Under the supervision of the Bottling Manager/Supervisor/Foreman, this position will perform all duties related to bottling line operations, changeover, PM and some corrective maintenance.
- Identify proper change over components using packaging codes.
- Display the aptitude for removing and installing package change over parts.
- Neatly store and maintain change over components.
- Set the equipment for proper bottle to guide clearances.
- Comprehend the function of each piece of bottling line equipment including its capabilities and limitations.
- Understand and adjust all equipment timing points.
- Recognize and resolve improperly adjusted components.
- Utilize hand tools to perform maintenance and changeover tasks
- Make in production adjustments to all equipment as necessary.
- Read and understand equipment technical manuals and follow documented practices and procedures.
- Inspect for proper machine component performance.
- Perform in production cleaning.
- Present detailed and legible work orders and machine parts orders
- Provide thorough descriptions of equipment malfunctions in writing.
- Follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Understand and follow sanitation procedures of bottling equipment.
- Inspect for adherence to all packaging specifications, including documenting results and performing corrective actions to maintain quality standards.
- Operate forklift and clamp in full product case goods and raw materials.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Lead Person.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work longer than ten hours per day
- May require split shift, overtime and weekend work.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or regularly.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- English communication skills, written and verbal.
- Basic mathematical aptitude.
- Two years bottling line experience required.
- Two years maintenance experience preferred
- Forklift experience required operating electric or gas-powered forklift.
- Must possess analytical skills to evaluate raw material defects versus equipment malfunctions.
- Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting skills on machinery as well as raw materials.
- Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Windows operating system, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Must be able to comprehend machine parts manuals.
- Must be able to follow and perform machine lubrication schedules.
- Must be reliable, detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be willing to learn computer skills and inventory control.
- Sterilization and cellar experience preferred but not required.
Santa rosa, CA