Under the supervision of the Bottling Supervisor/Lead person, this position will perform all duties related to bottling line operations, changeover, PM and some corrective maintenance.
• Identify proper change over components using packaging codes.
• Display the aptitude for removing and installing package change over parts.
• Neatly store and maintain change over components.
• Set the equipment for proper bottle to guide clearances.
• Comprehend the function of each piece of bottling line equipment including its capabilities and limitations.
• Understand and adjust all equipment timing points.
• Recognize and resolve improperly adjusted components.
• Utilize hand tools to perform maintenance and changeover tasks
• Make in production adjustments to all equipment as necessary.
• Read and understand equipment technical manuals and follow documented practices and procedures. .
• Inspect for proper machine component performance.
• Perform in production cleaning.
• Present detailed and legible work orders and machine parts orders
• Provide thorough descriptions of equipment malfunctions in writing.
• Follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
• Understand and follow sanitation procedures of bottling equipment.
• Inspect for adherence to all packaging specifications, including documenting results and performing corrective actions to maintain quality standards.
• Operate forklift and clamp in full product case goods and raw materials.
• Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Lead Person.
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• May require night shift, split shift, overtime and weekend work.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or regularly.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
• English communication skills, written and verbal.
• Basic mathematical aptitude.
• Two years bottling line experience required.
• Two years maintenance experience preferred
• Forklift experience required operating electric or gas powered forklift.
• Must possess analytical skills to evaluate raw material defects versus equipment malfunctions.
• Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting skills on machinery as well as raw materials.
• Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Windows operating system, MS Excel and MS Word.
• Must be able to comprehend machine parts manuals.
• Must be able to follow and perform machine lubrication schedules.
• Must be reliable, detail oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must be willing to learn computer skills and inventory control.
• Sterilization and cellar experience preferred but not required.