Jackson Family Wines, Skylane
Job Description: Cellar/Barrel Foreperson
Scope of Position: The Cellar/Barrel Foreperson, under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, will train, supervise, coordinate and lead cellar workforce to ensure the daily cellar functions are performed according to guidelines and directions set by Cellarmaster and winemaking staff.
• Coordinates daily cellar activities to include supervision and training of cellar crew.
• Schedules job assignments.
• Oversees cellar functions such as: sanitation, barrel preparation, equipment and general maintenance.
• Oversees all forklift operations.
• Provides instruction, training (including safety) and assistance to cellar staff.
• Monitors performance of cellar staff
• Annual/Conversational review of cellar workers submitted to Cellarmaster for approval
• Ensures compliance with safety and personnel procedures.
• Maintains a clean, safe and effective work environment at all times.
• Safety training, incident reporting, balancing cellar crews
• Communicates with other departments and wineries.
• Communicates with lab and outside facilities as needed
• Reads and interprets lab analysis.
• Organizes and oversees multiple ongoing tasks.
• Monitor cellar supply levels and prepare order requests for review/approval from Cellarmaster
• Performs other tasks as assigned by Cellarmaster and Winemaking Staff.
The ideal candidate would possess computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), as well as familiarity with winemaking database systems. Preferable bilingual (Spanish/English). Minimum of 5 years relevant cellar experience required. Though the position does not have any direct reports, personnel development skills are required. Working knowledge of all winery equipment including crossflow, DE filtration, barrel lines and bottling operations is required. Must have reliable transportation to work. Must be available to work extended hours during harvest season (approximately September to December).
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Candidate must successfully complete a post-offer pre-employment drug/physical screening.