Vérité estate produces ultra-premium Sonoma County red wines. The estate offers memorable and unique luxury wine-country experiences to its clientele in an idyllic setting.
The Bar Back is primarily responsible for supporting the Estate Hosts by setting up materials for tastings, as well as clearing and resetting tasting spaces in a speedy, professional, and effective manner. This is a temporary position with a duration of six months from the date of hire. Scheduling is subject to business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Estate Manager, the Bar Back is responsible for the following:
- Pre-setting glassware, place settings, and sales material for tastings at the direction of the Vérité estate hosts.
- Clearing tables after guests depart. Glasses and tableware are to be transported to the kitchen and silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. will be placed in appropriate areas for washing.
- Washing and putting away glassware and associated tasting materials.
- Promptly cleaning table tops, chairs and tasting spaces, as well as cleaning floors and surrounding areas as required.
- Responding appropriately to guest requests and communicating guest requests to estate hosts/manager immediately.
- Inspecting restrooms every 30 minutes and clean/restock as needed.
- Restocking collateral materials as needed.
- Assisting with pre/post shift setup/cleanup – including basic maintenance such as watering plants, sweeping walkways, etc
- Assisting with the packing of wine for guests and carrying wine to guests’ vehicles.
- Filing receipts.
- Caring for and cleaning the Can-Am vehicle.
- Contributing to a positive, collaborative team atmosphere.
- Conducting and presenting oneself in a manner that is consistent with a high-touch, luxury experience.
- Performing other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous experience in a restaurant or a restaurant-like setting preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Possess a flexible schedule and able to work weekends.
- Must be age 21 or over.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds (a case of wine)
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously