Jackson Family Wines is a family owned company based in Santa Rosa, California that oversees all of the wine production and marketing for the Jackson Family, including such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Murphy-Goode, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey, Cambria and Byron. The family owns thousands of acres of prime vineyard land in California, as well as wineries and vineyards in Australia, Chile, France, Italy and South Africa. The family also owns numerous other wine industry businesses, including a barrel maker, and distribution companies.
Summary: Responsible for various technical aspects of data integration, application development, and support for current systems as well as software implementation projects. Assist with the current and other strategic projects.
- This position will partner with functional business analysts to design, deliver and develop technology solutions that align with department goals and business strategy.
- Manages tasks and small projects, gathers technical requirements, designs solutions and participates in the development of roadmaps for enterprise application solutions
- Participates in the design, programming and debugging of application systems and application integration processes
- Responsible for creating scope and technical design documents, data maps, software documentation, unit testing and deployment.
- Leads self and peers by conduct and example.
- Build trust with customers and peers and work closely with them to design acceptable solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following & other duties as assigned.
- Reviews, analyzes, and develops application integrations, data integrations, to support application integration processes.
- Creates and maintains documentation to describe integration development, and source/target data mapping and operating procedures.
- Helps identify deficiencies with the software and/or application design. Determines an appropriate plan to correct problems and assists applications team when implementing upgrades.
- Should be able to troubleshoot/debug existing programs/application and provide solution.
- Provide on-call weekend user support approximately four times a year.
- Drives innovation with direct customers and peers to improve company efficiency and effectiveness.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic understanding object oriented programming (OOP)
- Understanding of Java, C, C++, XML, XSLT, XSD & other web technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or any RDBMS database a must.
- Any experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of agile development methodology like SCRUM, full Software Development Life Cycle, code versioning and code review.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new and changing technologies, applications, and solutions.
- Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude, with extensive knowledge and experience in data analysis and system solutions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or 2 years relevant work experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and understand technical documents relating to computers, peripheral equipment, operating and application software and networks. Ability to write routine reports, technical documentation and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in front of small groups of employees.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance. A significant amount of manual dexterity is required. The employee must be able to lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.