Under the direction of the Vineyard Manager, supervises and coordinates all of the various farming activities for 1511 acres of vineyards currently managed by Cambria LLC. Assignments involve the execution of general vineyard management work requiring broad skills and knowledge in the areas of pruning, irrigation management, weed control, chemical applications, disease and pest control, cultivation and canopy management and harvest. Assists in all vineyard development activities including land preparation, reservoir, trellis and irrigation system installation, planting and grafting, equipment selection, etc. Directs work assignments, delegating work to field personnel in an effective manner. Trains personnel in the areas of scheduling, procedures, safety and regulations related to vineyard functions. Maintains close supervision of field crews, assuring proper procedures and quality of work.
- Responsible for the cost effective management of four contiguous ultra-premium wine grape vineyards-Cambria Estate (696 acres), Camelot (214 acres), Jensen (325 acres), K. Rice (170 acres) and Neely (106 acres). Varietals include Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Sangiovese, Viognier, Pinot Gris, Barbera and Pinot Blanc.
- Directs a workforce of approximately 60 full time and 275 seasonal employees consisting of labor crews, equipment operators, mechanics, irrigators, etc. as well as some contractors.
- Coordinates activities of vineyard supervisors, foremen and other related personnel.
- Monitors crops for insect & disease pressure; plans and implements fungicide, pesticide and irrigation programs; keeps accurate records of pesticide & chemical usage and inventories.
- Maintains accurate records of daily events and work schedules.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual capital expenditure and operating expense budgets and monthly reviews.
- Assists in requisitioning, operating and maintaining all tools, equipment and vehicles. Reviews all expenditures to insure that all operations are within budgetary parameters.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations. Assists in the implementation of employee safety training programs.
- Special projects as assigned by the vineyard manager
Permanent full-time salaried position with full benefits.
Vineyard Supervisor, Vineyard Equipment Supervisor.
Background and Experience:
Degree in Viticulture or related field is required. A minimum of two years of direct experience in vineyard management development is required. Strong communication, budgeting and computer skills are essential, and a PCA license and proficiency in Spanish are highly desirable. This position requires excellent planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to work as a team player.