Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
The Assistant Cellarmaster will work in all phases of winery production. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals. Must be able to lift 50 lb. And work standing up and walking on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. Must be willing to work overtime, particularly during harvest.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Motivate, train and develop staff
- Direct daily work flow to achieve production standards
- Understand and accommodate the diversity of production standards
- Will organize and distribute work orders to cellar crew, and supervise workers progress
- Will balance work orders and update location charts
- Able to perform all aspects of blending work, including forklift operation
- Must be well organized, able to obtain all necessary lab samples
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facility
- Assist in equipment maintenance
- Chemical additions to wine
- Ordering of general winery supplies
- Other duties as assigned by manager