The Accounts Payable Supervisor is central support for the A/P Manager. This role incorporates management of corporate P-Card program, Concur expense system, associated G/L account reconciliations, system management, documentation, and enforces P-Card policies. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring team deliverables are met. There are four full time Accounts Specialists reporting to the Supervisor.
- Performs weekly check run under supervision of the A/P Manager.
- Open A/P Aging research to identify voucher issues.
- Shares Concur system management responsibilities with A/P Manager. This includes creating, maintaining and deactivating users and business units.
- Liability and expense account reconciliations.
- Handle the monthly review and follow up of all outstanding (un-cashed) AP checks.
- Researches and resolves all buyer voucher rejections.
- Leads calls with suppliers on account reconciliations and out of balance issues.
- Supervise Accounts Payable Specialists. Responsible for cross training of A/P staff and temps if needed during interim timeframes. Ensures adequate backup in peak periods. Coaching and development of staff including preparing and deliver annual performance appraisals.
- Ensures company adherence to A/P policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and verifying bank account changes initiated for new or existing vendors.
- 1099 supplier review and processing IRS filings.
- Other duties as assigned and merited.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- Accounts Payable Specialists
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- College Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance or 10 years equivalent experience. Accounts Payable experience in a manufacturing environment experience, winery or consumer package goods desirable.
- Strong accounting background and understanding of general ledger accounting.
- Ability to reconcile GL accounts and make correcting entries.
- Minimum three to five years financial analysis and systems management, preferably in a multi-company and high-volume transaction finance setting.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel skills. AS/400 platform and JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Provide excellent customer service in a team setting. Good organization skills with attention to detail. Work well independently and as a team member.
$63,659- $79,573.50 - $95,488 annually
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described in the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. (Reasonable accommodation is defined as any modification or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)