Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is central support for A/P Manager responsibilities including oversight of A/P staff, supplier set-ups, transaction and payment processing. The Accounts Payable Supervisor manages applicable business systems and related processes directing enterprise wide operations. This role incorporates management of corporate P-Card program, Concur expense system, associated G/L account reconciliations, system management, documentation, and enforces P-Card business policies.
- This role is primary for A/P Manager and team deliverables directing supplier issues, staff workloads and deadlines in coordination with A/P manager, and weekly check payment processing. Serves as intermediary for A/P staff needs, communications to stakeholders, Finance managers, prioritizing business needs and ad hoc requests.
- Manages supplier master account add/changes and performs Open A/P Aging research and problem resolution for multiple supplier and process owner requests. Shares management responsibilities with A/P Manager for Concur T&E system services for employee expense reimbursement and department reporting needs.
- Manages corporate P-card program to include US Bank Access system, liability and expense account reconciliations, P-Card policies and procedures to cardholders and manager approver support, system upload of P-Card expense to JD Edwards ERP system, and P-Card statement analysis for payment processing.
- Directs A/P Voucher Match to PO Receipt documents and problem resolution if exception requests or JDEdwards A/P issues. Ensures adherence to A/P policies and procedures along with valid account distribution assignment for expense details.
- Provide clear and professional communication to suppliers, buyers, travelers and others regarding discrepancies, policies and procedures. Exception follow-up with buyers / process owners for management approval for supplier invoicing.
- Supervise Accounts Payable Specialists. Responsible for cross training of A/P staff and temps if needed during interim timeframes. Ensures adequate backup and available resources in peak periods (e.g., crush, O-N-D).
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or 10 years equivalent experience. Accounts Payable experience in a manufacturing environment, winery or consumer package goods desirable. A/P Automation experience a plus.
- Minimum three to five years financial analysis and systems management, preferably in a multi-company and high-volume transaction finance setting.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel skills. AS/400 platform and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne experience a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Provide excellent customer service in a team setting. Highly organized with attention to detail. Work well independently and as a team member.