Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounts Payable Specialist supports a variety of A/P processes including processing of supplier invoices, managing the Travel & Entertainment reimbursement process, supporting Purchase Card (P-Card) processes and maintaining accounts payable records to support business operations.
The working environment is fast paced with a variety of invoice documents and supplier types. Our A/P department is fully automated, invoices are imaged through automation software, routed electronically to the buyer for approval and are vouchered by A/P
- Responsible for full cycle AP, including vendor invoice processing, employee expense reports, and month end close accounting activities
- Responsible for processing electronic invoice rejections
- Responsible for vendor inquiries and vendor statement reconciliation
- Assist with 1099 preparation and filing
- Assist with AP month end closing and accruals, including AP account reconciliations, meet individual deadlines and ensure deliverables are met accurately and timely
- Minimum 2 years accounting or accounts payable experience preferred
- Accounting/ERP system experience (JD Edwards preferred)
- Experience with AP automation workflow systems preferred
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly with Excel
- Ability to work independently and make decisions regarding accounts payable matters
- Detail oriented and deadline conscious