The Accounts Payable Specialist supports a variety of A/P processes including processing of vendor invoices, process Travel & Entertainment employee reimbursement, support Purchase Card (P-Card) processes and maintaining accounts payable records to support business operations.
The working environment is fast paced with a variety of invoice documents and supplier types. Our A/P Department is fully automated, invoices are imaged through automation software, routed electronically to the buyer for approval and are vouchered by A/P
- Responsible for full-cycle AP, including processing of vendor invoices, wire payments, employee expense reports, vendor payments and month end close accounting activities
- Vouchering two-way and three-way invoices and following up on inventory discrepancies
- Responsible for resolving electronic invoice rejections
- Assist with Vendor inquiries via Email and by phone.
- Assist with 1099 preparation and review
- Assist with AP month end closing and accruals, including AP account reconciliations, meet individual deadlines and ensure deliverables are met accurately and timely
- Audit Concur expense reports
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High school graduate with some business-related college coursework. AA Degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years financial data processing in a high-volume Accounts Payable setting. JD Edwards ERP system and Concur Travel & Expense highly desirable. Intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel skills required.
- Experience with setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential. Key team member requires daily accuracy and reliability, customer and department support with effective and efficient communication skills. Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well independently as directed as well as within group.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described in the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. (Reasonable accommodation is defined as any modification or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)