Provides financial information and reporting to Accounting Manager by researching and analyzing accounting data, month-end close activities, billing, A/R, A/P, and account reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accuracy of all financial statements.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements consistent with US GAAP, and monthly financial reporting package.
- Investigate through communication with different departments reasons for significant account variances.
- Prepare documentations as necessary for audit.
- Reconcile accounts receivable, revenues, cash, and other accounts as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards.
- Communicate with different departments to gather necessary documentations and information necessary for month-end close.
- Maintains Accounts Payable and Accounts receivables including transactions into JDE as needed.
- Coordinates monthly financial packet.
- Other miscellaneous duties as will be requested from the Accounting Manager.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 2-3 years recent accounting experience.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to prepare reports and ensure the work provided is accurate.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to work effectively with various departments as well as with external customers.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Show great attention to detail.
Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint. JD Edwards or similar accounting software experience required.