At Regal Wine Company, our mission is to be the preeminent wine distributor in California. We focus on providing world class service and a portfolio that encompasses wines of authenticity, family ownership, and renowned quality.
Manage assigned territory of off-premise chain accounts. Sell displays, build and merchandise displays, maintain 100% distribution, and complete administrative responsibilities for the territory.
- Manage an established chain grocery store territory of approximately 50 accounts
- Maintain 100% shelf distribution of all authorized items for each account.
- Effectively present new item distribution and DSD items.
- Rotate vintages, fill shelves, fill cold box, build displays, and maintain Royal Wine Company merchandising standards.
- Ability to make persuasive sales pitches using wine knowledge and sales based facts. (IRI, ROI, margins)
- Establish & maintain rapport with chain district managers, store managers, liquor department managers, and other store personnel.
- Displays original thinking and creativity for problem solving.
- Sell current programs and initiatives by creating sales presentations tailored to each account.
- Identify opportunities to create engaging mass floor displays in impactful display locations.
- Responsible for working within approved T&E expense budget and submitting report by the end of each month.
- Complete daily preplans, recaps, and distribution reports.
- Follow the Regal 8 steps to a successful sales call in all accounts.
- Attend and contribute to weekly team meetings, participate in reviewing goals and develop execution plan.
- Responsible for carrying cell phone and point of sales materials in vehicle during working hours.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change easily.
- Actively participate in in trainings and meetings to support self-development and professional growth.
- Additional duties as assigned by District Manager.
- Previous sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Successful candidate must: be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current driver’s license; maintain current auto insurance coverage and have a clean driving record.
- Ability to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 lbs; be able to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and lift repetitively;
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and listening skills are required.
- This position requires the availability to work flexible hours and weekends, when necessary, for special events.
- Candidate must be willing to reside within territory.
- Must be self-motivated, willing to work hard, and striving to learn more. Must have a passion and excitement for wine and maintain a high level of integrity.