Primary responsibility is to sell our limited production wines to our member base over the phone, enter orders into the order entry system, and insure completion of order through online the financial system.
- Contact individuals by telephone to solicit sales of wine and related products.
- Deliver prepared sales talks, occasionally reading from scripts that describe products in order to persuade potential customers to purchase wine and related products, while providing a high level of customer service.
- Adjust sales scripts as needed to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Explain products, and answer questions from customers.
- Obtain customer information and update customer records online.
- Initiate communications with customers with regard to:
- Company sponsored events
- Orders and Wine Club upsell opportunities
- Customer record maintenance
- Interact and communicate by phone with Wine Club, telephone and internet customers, providing information and customer service.
- Manage and maintain customer database including critical contact information, including but not limited to secure credit card data, club membership status, customer insights, buying preferences, buying history, and comments and transaction history
- Ensure legal compliance with inter-state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Respond to consumer requests, complaints and identify areas of improvement.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures.
- Education:College credential preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in a sales/telesales,
- A minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated and proven success managing consumer database, email and mailing lists.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension:The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity:The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition:The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Selective Attention:The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Written Comprehension:The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Computer Skills:Excel and Word required. Database management experience preferred.